Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Always

When the days and weeks pass by
And my heart feels so alone
You're still the God who's always there
My loving Father and my Friend

When the path on which I walk
Is dark and so uncertain
You're still the God who's always there
My faithful Counselor and Guide

When I dig a pit in sin
And cannot escape from it
You're still the God who's always there
My great Savior and Redeemer

Blessings ill used
Holiness forsaken
Unglorifying life
When this is how I thank You
You cleanse me and restore me
And make me more like You
For You're the God who's always there

6 comments:

Carey said...

That's beautiful, Angie. Did you write it?

Angie said...

Yes, and thank you. It was the work of a moment, the only way in which I felt I could really express myself last night. Funny thing is that I honestly don't care for poetry...

Redeemed said...

Angie, that is real good, and very touching.

Anonymous said...

Amen! :)

Carey said...

You don't care for poetry?! *calms self down* Sorry, I'm such a poetry nut, I just can't imagine.

That's pretty good for someone who's not into poetry.

Angie said...

Thanks to you both, Sarah and Shieryl. Carey, not appreciating something doesn't mean that one does not understand the concept behind it. ;) If I were more patient I would try to turn it into song lyrics, which is one form of poetry that I do appreciate! I am a huge fan of prose. Is it because I'm not a highly emotional person?