2. I started reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time tonight. There are a few observations that I made almost immediately:
- The book is British. I did not know that when I started to read but it became quite apparent to me within the first few pages.
- The main character is autistic, and the book is told from his point of view. It is very odd to see through his eyes, as it were.
- The chapters are not numbered "normally". I am not sure how to describe just how much it was bothering me to have the chapter numbering start on 2 and proceed to 3 and then 5. I finally connected it in chapter 17 to something that was mentioned in chapter 3. The main character/narrator has a thing for prime numbers. The chapter numbers are prime numbers. It bothered me less to see chapter 19 come after chapter 17 once I realized that. Chapter 19 was all about prime numbers and why the chapters were numbered as they were. Amazing how a logical numbering sequence, odd though it may be, is acceptable to me when something that seemed random to me at first was just not okay. It doesn't bother me if my bedroom is chaotic nearly as much as it does to have numbering out of normal order. Interesting.
4. We had a talent show at work today. It was a good talent show that consisted of primarily acting/dancing performances by most of the groups, ours being no exception, of course. Our group made fun of the leaders from the other 10-12 year old group. I spent most of the day constructing a tutu from a couple of pieces of tulle and some fabric. I don't think I did a spectacular job on it, but it turned out fairly well and was, from what I am told, far better quality than the average last minute costume made for a Boys & Girls Club talent show. I took care of getting most of the props together and determining which ideas we used. The other leaders did scripting and directing, as I was busy with the ballet costume. I would love to post a picture of the costume, since it was made for one of the boys to wear, but because of privacy issues I don't think it is wise (I can't just post the picture of someone else's 10 year old!). Just believe me when I say it was hilarious and very cute.


4 comments:
This post was very broad in scope.
"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" is very popular over here.
I know what you mean about people's names.
God Bless
Matt
Yes, I suppose it was quite broad. There were a lot of things to say and this just seemed like the easiest way to say them all!
That book sounds rather odd. I'm one of those order/detail people and I think that would bother me trying to read it. Good luck.
Now I know why The Curious Incident sounds so familiar! Duh! Yes, it was quite an interesting book, wasn't it. :)
Good call on the picture thing. Unfortunately, there ARE weirdos out there. Sad. :(
Post a Comment