This evening I had a first time experience. Tonight for the first time I put air in one of the tires on my car. It has a slow leak that I've known about for some time now and probably waited far too long to refill, but I really do loathe doing any sort of maintenance on my car. I would much rather pay someone to do it for me. As the tire was really low and I am short on time during business hours, the tire really needed to be filled and just could not wait until next week when I have time to take it to the tire place to get it looked at (again). The tire was patched nearly three years ago after a puncture and I really think that the leak is due to the original puncture.
I feel much better about looking foolish in my own parking lot than I do at a gas station on a street corner, so I purchased a pump of my own this evening and made my roommate come out with me to pump up the tire. I figure that owning a tire pump can't hurt, and if I leave this tire on I may need to fill it up somewhat regularly. It seemed like a decent investment to me and now that I have used it once I may not feel so weird about doing it again sometime. It was cheaper than a new tire, anyway, and right now cheap is good! Cars. I love mine, but sometimes I wish it maintained itself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Well done. I do not like car maintenance either.
Good job! I recently had the "cool engine" light come on, and at first I was thinking it's not such a big deal...until I got my car manual out and learned it's a BIG problem. The car can overheart...and KABOUM!
So I bought the "prestone" thingy, and tooke it to the garage yesterday. I felt so much safer driving it this morning. :)
Yeah, wouldn't it be nice to have self-fixing cars? *laughs* I just recently had to have a tire patched up too. Thankfully, both Jer and Dad can fix cars, but there will come a day when I'll have to fend for myself without the aid of a gear-head.
Sarah... KABOUM?? Glad you took it to the garage. Phew.
Carey, tell me about it, I am so relieved!!!
Yep, count me in the "hate car maintenance" club. :) Good job Angie! :)
Post a Comment