We did not visit with the senior citizens today, nor did we golf. The weather was warm enough that we opted to stay indoors all day in air conditioned rooms once again. There was an unofficial Harry Potter movie marathon in one room. None of the kids seem to have enough of an attention span to even get through half of a movie. It made the day drag on for the leaders! We spent some time in the computer room this afternoon. I took the opportunity to read a book, Because of Winn-Dixie, during that time. It's a really cute story about a 10 year old girl and a stray dog that she adopts. I had heard of it but had never read it or seen the movie, so I pulled it off the shelf and managed to make it all the way through before we left the room. That was a nice treat. :)
Tonight was team trivia night. It was fun, although we did not have as many people on our team this week and were among the 15 of 20 teams that ended the evening with no points since we wagered everything on the last answer and didn't know it. The questions were really obscure tonight, so we had not done as well during the whole game. We'll do better next week, I am sure! Honestly I was becoming frustrated because several correct answers were offered by the team and rejected by the party writing down the answers, but that party cannot take full blame. We rise and fall as a team! We blame our lack of success on the weather. Most of us put up with too much heat during the day and the air conditioning in the establishment went out at the beginning of the trivia, so we spent two hours with no A/C on a really warm and humid night. Next week will be better, I have no doubt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
You are always so optimistic. I am sure you will do better next time.
It will be cooling off for you tomorrow night. It started here today.
Hey, I "tagged" you - come to my blog and see.
It cooled down this week over here and it is going to warm up again.
I think the thunderstorm we got this afternoon is starting the cooling process! Last night was so hot and humid that I slept with my window open and fan on all night and just a sheet over me and never even got close to feeling too cool. I think it is supposed to be a lot cooler here next week. It will be nice, for sure!
Rose, thanks for the tag!
Post a Comment