Today is Thursday. Thursday is field trip day for the Boys & Girls Club. We went to a park today and I took some kids on a walk around the lake. The geese had been there in large numbers, so we had to be careful of where we were walking until we got into the woods. It was like a mine field - very disgusting!
I went swimming in the lake today. I took my stuff in case I decided to go in, but when one of the leaders told the other leader that she was going in (as in he was going to push her in), I decided to get in the lake myself. I stayed in the shallow water at first with water to my knees, but some of the kids were not listening to the life guard, so I went further out to ask them to behave. Plans for pushing people into the water were many. The girls all got in and got completely wet just to ruin the fun of pushing us in. ;) In the end a couple of the guys got taken down. We would have gotten upset with the kids if they had done anything like what we did. I had some fun splashing some of the kids and got involved in a game of tag with them. I got a little bit of a sunburn on my shoulders where the sunblock apparently did not get applied well, but I really don't mind it much.
We left the park early due to a thunderstorm. The ride back was rather interesting. We had all of the windows down on the bus because it was hot, but we went through a bad spot in the storm and the rain was getting the inside of the bus really wet, so we had to quickly close all of the windows. Some of the windows did not close easily, so I was up on my feet, leaning over kids, attempting to get the windows shut all the way. The bus had a rather sudden change in velocity at one point and I almost fell backward. I grabbed the nearest seat to hold myself up, but I really did come close to losing my balance. I would have taken out a kid in the process, so it's good that I caught myself in time. We also had a kid with a bloody nose. One of the leaders was helping him while I and a few others were trying to close the windows. I think at one time there were four leaders on their feet taking care of various crises. We then got a phone call to let us know that a part of the road flooded, so we had to take a detour. Fun times on the bus! Although it was dramatic, part of me prefers that to a boring ride. It seemed to go by very quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I expect you burn quite easily. Not so good.
Yes, I do burn easily, but with the exception of my face I didn't burn anywhere that I actually had sunblock on. The burn's really not that bad on the scale of Angie's sunburn experiences. ;)
She is quite good about the sunscreen thing. (Remembering to put it on and making sure it goes everywhere) :)
Yes, but this time big spots were missed. I had someone spray some of their spray-on stuff on me and she did not get my shoulders, so that's where I burned. I have learned from many, many burns in the past that sunblock is my friend. ;)
Post a Comment