Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Pensive

I'm in a bit of a pensive mood today, as my posts might indicate. I suppose it may be due in part to the novel I finished reading this afternoon. It was a good book, but at the end, the young lady's lover goes on a long journey and the author implies, although she does not plainly say it, that the lover dies on his way home. I read 460 pages for a shipwreck? It was a good book otherwise, I must admit, and expresses a real romance between two imperfect people whose relationship is not all sunshine and flowers. It also had some interesting discussion about the differences between Protestantism and Catholicism, with Protestantism appearing in a much better light. Piety was praised. I do enjoy a good classic novel! (I won't say here which book I read, since I do not wish to spoil the ending for anyone who might stumble across it to read it.)

I found myself praying somewhat apologetically and doubtfully for someone's salvation recently. I prayed not expecting to see the prayer answered the way I wanted it to be. The prayer lacked faith in a mighty God who can change a life in an instant and can soften the hardest of hearts. God is great. My prayers are of a different tenor now. I will pray this friend into faith in Jesus Christ if I can!

7 comments:

Carey said...

What was the name of the book?

Angie said...

I'll e-mail it to you.

Matthew Celestine said...

We should pray as much as we can for lost sinners.

I tend not to think much about whether I expect the people I pray for to get saved. Maybe I do not have enougth faith for that. I never really think about it.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matt

Redeemed said...

I'm in the same boat, Angie, I often pray and don't back it up with faith that the Lord can truly save that soul. Thanks for your post, I should have more faith in my Lord.

Anonymous said...

Your friend is fortunate to have you as a friend! :)

Sorry I missed your call last night!!! We had the a/c cranked on and we were watching my favorite show so of course that had to be cranked up louder above the sound of the a/c. Needless to say, I didn't hear my cell phone ringing. LOL.

Carey said...

*laughs* My cell phone ring is the Beatles' "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." Everytime I hear Beatles music playing, I jump.

Angie said...

I'll forgive you, Shieryl, but only just this once. Honestly, I often do not hear my cell phone ringing!

My roommate thinks that I think too much, so this might be one of those situations that I think about that most people probably wouldn't even ponder.