I am a dog person. That means that I am not generally fond of cats. Today, however, I visited a friend who has two 3 week old kittens at her house - one from a litter that a barn cat had (the mother cat was killed by a truck) and the other was the runt from a litter her sister's cat had. They are keeping one and their neighbors upstairs are taking the other one. I would have taken one home with me if I could have. I got to bottle feed one of them this evening. :) So maybe cats aren't so bad after all, at least not in their cute, 3 week old stage. So I'm just a big softie around baby animals!
At lunch today we had some buffalo calamari. They use the sauce that is typically put on buffalo wings and put it on fried calamari. I love the spicy taste of buffalo sauce and love calamari - it was great!
Today I called to cancel my reservation for the trip to England. I just cannot afford to go. The tickets are non-refundable, so I will have to use my credit with the airline to fly home for Christmas. I was hoping to get at least some kind of refund and pay for a ticket home later, since I could really use the cash now, but I guess this will have to do. Being strapped for cash is not fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Being strapped for cash is not fun, agreed, I just had to get new breaks for my car today...$$$. :(
Baby animals are sooooo cute, agreed on that too! Funny. Today, my mom, brother and I went to visit a house and the owners had the tinest kitten I had ever seen. Just adorable! I didn't even take a look at the house, whatever, the cat was just too distracting.
Buffalo Calimari sounds delicious.
You can't fool me; I knew you were a big softie a long time ago. ;)
Buffallo calamari does sound really yummy!
Yes, that kitten was so cute! How could you ever bear to part with it? LOL. :) I hope he finds a good home. Many people are mean to stray black cats because of that silly old superstition, or play mean jokes on them during Halloween. :(
The calamari was wonderful, for sure!
Any baby animal is good therapy! Shieryl, I could bear to leave it because it is going to my friend's neighbors upstairs and knew that my roommate would kill me if I brought it home.
Post a Comment