Monday, August 21, 2006

The last week...

This is the last week of the summer program at work. That means that this is the last week that I have any kind of secure income (such as it is). It is the last time my Monday afternoon will be spent at the park, riding the carousel with the kids who aren't swimming. Today I met a lady who brought her grandchildren to the park. She had a bichon frise with her and I was reminded of my own dear bichon frise in California. They are such nice dogs! She mentioned at one point that she has a 23 year old grandson living with her right now who goes to a local church and just spent two years teaching English in China. I did not pursue it any further than that, although I was rather amused by the mention of him after she asked me where I went to church.

The last week at work also means that staffing is a bit difficult for us. We had both 10-12 groups combined today, as we had last week also, and tomorrow we will have to split them up. Today there was a fight between two of the boys and a bunch of the kids were referring to one of the girls as a player. Neither of these things is okay and I think neither of them would have happened (or at least to the degree that they did happen) if all of the kids had not been together. This is the kind of drama I could do without. There are a few really good kids in the group that I will miss after this week, but there are others that I just will not miss at all. The kids are not looking forward to returning to school in two weeks and the staff are all tired and starting to lose their patience, so it is time for a change of pace. I will not regret this summer experience. It has taught me a lot and I almost regret that I will most likely not be able to do it again!

4 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I hope you find another job soon. I am sure a lady with your confidence and skills would soon find a situation.

God Bless

Matt

Redeemed said...

Don't lose courage, Angie, the Lord is bound to open a door soon. These things often take time, but when they come, they are better than what you could have hoped for. Our God is good that way.

Angie said...

I know God will take care of me! :)

Anonymous said...

I know God will take care of me! :)

:)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   :)

Wow, my fingers are tired now. :)