Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another summer employee

I was rather surprised, and pleasantly so, to see a guy from school at the Boys and Girls Club this morning. He will also be working there for the summer. He is not a believer but is very interested in the person of Jesus. He apparently has a Catholic background and was turned off by what he perceived as little more than a social club. We started to have a really good chat (in which I learned these things about him) during the Fall semester. He had to leave and said that we would have to continue the conversation, but I really didn't see him last semester at all, so we never did finish that conversation. I would love to continue it and tell him what I believe about Jesus Christ. Perhaps this summer job will provide opportunities to continue talking to him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I hope you get the chance to do so as well. How exciting! :)

Angie said...

Pray that I will be bold in seeking opportunities!

Matthew Celestine said...

It is wonderful that you are so proactive in looking for opportunities to witness. I never think like that.

God Bless

Matt

Angie said...

Perhaps, but, Matthew, you preach almost every Saturday. It's a different kind of witnessing opportunity.