Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I kept finding more...

First of all, I would like to apologize for my unexpected disappearance. My internet was disconnected yesterday. The cable guy was coming this morning to make sure everything was alright for the transfer, so he was able to get it up and running again.

I spent my day putting furniture together. My new UPS guy is about on par with my old one. He carried all of the heavy boxes into my bedroom for me, which is, of course, the most inaccessible part of the apartment. As he was heading out after the last box was delivered, he saw the picture of my parent's dog on the computer monitor and asked about him. I mentioned that the dog is in California, so that launched a conversation about where I was from and whether I liked this area and what the cultural differences are. Anyway, the mattresses are due to arrive within the next hour, and when they do my room will be about 90% put together (not counting stuff that just needs to be put away).

Last night I loaded up the bookshelves that I put together yesterday. I own quite a few books, and I started to get a bit concerned after unloaded several of the boxes. I didn't know if all of my books would fit! This is what I ended up with:Eeyore belongs on the bed, not on the bookshelf (yes, I am 25 and sleep with a stuffed animal - you may scoff if you so choose). The books on top of the cases are not mine. Most are from the university library, a few from a friend and a few from a professor. The boxes on the floor contain papers of various kinds. I think those are all of the books. I thought I was done at least three times before remembering or discovering more, usually because I knew that certain books were missing! Now the big task will be to organize the books a little bit better, since they are only somewhat organized now. Sometimes I wonder how much money I could get if I sold all of my books...

I will post pictures of the room as soon as the bed arrives and I get it made.

5 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

It looks very neat and orderly.

Angie said...

And very full. I knew I had a lot of books and that they would not all fit on one, but I didn't know my library had gotten quite this large!

Redeemed said...

I agree with Matthew. The bookshelves look very neat to me!

I just read your other post and wanted to say, yay, Angie finally has her room and it's looking really nice :) AT LAST!!!

Matthew Celestine said...

I think I have a few more books. Nearly 10% of mine are by J.N. Darby.

Angie said...

Neat, yes, but poorly organized nonetheless! They are essentially in categories: Bibles, Christian books, books from graduate school, other non-fiction (mostly history books of various kinds), and fiction. Within the categories there is little to any organization. That drives me crazy!

I love books, Matthew, as you can probably tell. I would not be surprised if you had more than I do, however, since you are more advanced in your education than I am. I find that school accelerates the book accumulation process.