Saturday, June 3, 2006

Pancakes and peanut butter?

Last night was sugar cookie decorating and a little Smirnoff Ice to wash down the fried chicken we had for dinner. I'm getting better at frying chicken. I think I almost have it figured out. Nicole said that it may soon become one of my specialties. I wouldn't mind that. :) Tonight it was pancakes for dinner, topped with syrup and peanut butter. Peanut butter on pancakes is something Nicole learned from a friend and she really wanted me to try it. I love peanut butter, so I found it a pleasant experience. We wanted to have pancakes for breakfast tomorrow morning but Nicole is going out with a friend rather early, so we decided to have them for dinner instead. I haven't made pancakes in a long time! Methinks I won't be making dinner quite as often once I start my job for the summer, so I should enjoy it while it lasts!

I spent part of the day on moving details. The big task was to update my address on a bunch of stuff. I also found a car insurance rate quote, since I have to have new insurance by early next week, and ordered mattresses for the new apartment. Between the mattresses and the new computer and airplane tickets (is it November yet?) the last few weeks have been marked by spending money. I remember when I thought $5 was a small fortune...

14 comments:

burndive said...

Mmmm... also try Nutella. Sarah and my mom are big fans of it, although recently Sarah discovered a hazelnut spread from Trader Joe's that's apparently even better.

Angie said...

Nutella goes well on Matzah. Imagine 8 days in a row eating "unleavened bread". You find all kinds of ways of making it more interesting.

There aren't any Trader Joe's around this area. It is very sad. I think the nearest one is about 3 hours away. :(

From personal experience, don't bother trying cashew butter. It wasn't particularly tasty (I think we got some at Trader Joe's).

Redeemed said...

yuuuum, that is delicious, I love pancakes. It's weird, I dislike peanut butter itself, but I love peanut butter chocolate bars and peanut butter cookies. Never had it on pancakes though. Must be yummy!

Matthew Celestine said...

I do not like Peanut Butter.

Does Smirnoff's Ice go well with food?

I am not sure I would like Smirnoff's Ice. I prefer my Smirnoff's vodka neat.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

Angie said...

Peanut butter, cheese...Matthew, I think you're missing out! Smirnoff Ice has a very light flavor and certainly does not counter anything. It's a malted beverage (not actually Vodka) and is technically sold as "beer" over here. The stuff we had is actually the Smirnoff Twisted V (called that because it is 5% alcohol, perhaps?) and comes in fruit flavors, some of which are very sweet, so they went well with sugar cookies. The Twisted V stuff tastes like flavored seltzer.

Matthew Celestine said...

I thought Smirnoff Ice was a sort of mix of Vodka and lemonade.

Angie said...

You know, I am not entirely sure what goes in it. It is a "premium malt beverage" with a citrus flavor. The Triple Black is like it but is lime flavored (and I think tastes better than the original).

Carey said...

I'm afraid I can't contribute to your Smirnoff conversation, but I can speak of peanut butter. I love peanut butter and syrup (sugar-free of course) on my waffles. Yummy!

Angie said...

Carey, if you could contribute to the Smirnoff conversation, we'd have to have a little chat. You're underage! ;)

Carey said...

Hahaha... good point.

Matthew Celestine said...

Angie, I looked at a bottle of Snirnoff Ice in the supermarket. It said on the bottle 'made from Smirnoff's Vodka.'

I believe they make Smirnoff's Vodka in Yankland, so I would have thought the Smirnoff's Ice your end would also contain the stuff.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

Angie said...

That is weird. No such claim is made on the packaging here, although they definitely make the stuff here. The Coca-Cola Company is also a US company but does not sell the same formula drinks in the US as they do in Europe.

Matthew Celestine said...

Well, Smirnoff's do not make any malted drinks. If something says Smirnoff's, surely it contains Smirnoff's vodka.

Do bring a bottle whne you come to England.

God Bless

Matthew

Angie said...

I will certainly try, Matthew, although you may have to remind me!