Monday, June 12, 2006

I gave in...

My sister has some bit of sway. She always has. I remember several years ago when she was getting ready to go on a missions trip. She needed a large quantity of "coins" for a lesson and craft, so there we were cutting these things out for her as a family the night before she left. She's the only one in the family who could do that.

Today she told me to get Skype. I've been hearing quite a lot about it lately, but didn't want to get the microphone required for it. Basically she told me to A) download the program and create an account to chat until I got a microphone, and B) to get myself to some store to buy a microphone or headset. So of course I did both. I must love my sister or something... ;)

So now I can talk to anyone else with Skype for free. I'll just be strapped to the computer the whole time. :)

I got a package in the mail today from my mom. She sent it on Saturday. I am most impressed! I also got a phone call to arrange delivery of my mattresses. They will be here on Wednesday. I am really looking forward to sleeping in a real bed again! I might be able to have the bedroom put together by the end of the week. That will be wonderful!

4 comments:

Redeemed said...

I learned about Skype through Carey, actually and I have ever since heard it from many people. And so, I have Skype! I'll send you my information so we could skype each other. yay :)

Angie said...

Carey told me that you both have it. This could be fun, since we can have a conference call. :)

Matthew Celestine said...

Skype does sound very useful.

Angie said...

Yes, it might prove useful. It's one more way of having some real-time free communication online.