Friday, June 2, 2006
Jealous for what is not mine
This morning I was struck by my jealousy for something that is not mine. God is jealous for the worship of men. He is God, and man's worship inherently belongs to Him, so when man worships anything else, God has a right to be jealous. My jealousy is for something that is just not mine. I repented and now I have to let it go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
That is wonderful that you were convicted.
Congratulations! They say once you get past the denial stage, you're on the way to recovery!. ;)
Joking aside, I am glad you were able to identify it and that you were able to listen to the Holy Spirit's nudging/conviction. It is always nice to clean house! It may seem a messy and difficult task but the end result is great! :) Keep on keepin' on my friend! :)
P.S. I have been inclined to acquiesce to your request (means yes) and have moved my blog from Myspace to a "real" blog site. LOL. :)
Amen, it is great that you came to repentance.
I also find it admirable that you are fully honest on your blog and post on your personal struggles. You have a wonderful attitute!
Yes, it is a good thing, Matthew.
Shieryl, nice Pirates of the Caribbean reference. I'm glad to hear it, since I never bother checking any MySpace blogs. Cleaning house is difficult, but good. This is one of those things that I know I'm going to have to be very careful about. I've already been tempted at least once today to take back what I just gave over to God.
Sarah, thanks. I like to think of my blog as something of a limited electronic verbal representation of me, and me ain't so perfect. ;)
Me ain't so perfect either; and far from it!
Me ain't so perfect either... LOL, Sarah.
It all really begins with mentally perceiving something (or someone) as yours when it/he/she is not. I completely understand. It's really hard to control your thoughts like that.
Post a Comment