Thursday, June 8, 2006

Car stuff - all done!

I went to get the car inspected this morning. The guy still couldn't fit me in, so he recommended that I go to Kost. Okay, this is actually better, since I've still been driving around with the snow tires on my car and Kost is where I bought said snow tires. I killed two birds with one stone and got the inspection done and had my all weather tires put back on. The process is done and the next time I should have to do any car stuff will be in October when the snow tires go back on (they'll do it for free where I bought the tires, too). By then I might be due for an oil change. Anyway, the saga has ended.

For the record, the only reason not to leave snow tires on year round is that the rubber is softer and wears more quickly, and since I only put 2000 miles on the tires in 7 months I don't think I was in danger of killing them before their time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting! So after he put the all weather tires on where did he put the snow tires? Did they fit in your car and you took them back home? That's awesome that they'll do it for free. :)

Angie said...

They put them in the trunk. I've been driving around with four tires in my trunk for the past seven months. Not anymore! That's the first thing that went into the storage area in the new apartment. I am quite happy about that!