Thursday, June 29, 2006

A bright spot in the storm

Nicole and I stopped by Lowe's this afternoon on our way home from running a few errands. The traffic was horrible, so we went down a little side street and ended up by Lowe's. We were going to turn around in the parking lot, but I recommended that we stop and buy some flowers for our patio while we were there. I had in mind getting some hanging plants, but we opted for two pots of double impatiens instead. I think they are lovely. We just potted them a few minutes ago. We have yet another thunderstorm outside right now, so it is nice to have a little bit of extra color. Flowers help me feel better and see the brighter side of things.

It is interesting that part of the process of re-potting a plant is breaking up the soil around the roots. You do it to help the roots spread into the new soil better. Sometimes God has to break up our soil to help us grow stronger and deeper roots so we can grow more than we ever could before. The result is beautiful.

3 comments:

Rose~ said...

Good thoughts on the roots. I take a utlity knife and cut along the fine roots and then massage them before planting -does seems sort of a disturbance. God doesn't mind disturbing us either.

Matthew Celestine said...

Beautiful post.

Angie said...

Rose, no, He does not mind disturbing us. Imagine what sickly plants we would be if He never did!

Thank you, Matt!