I sat in the police station this morning, waiting, with an officer keeping an eye on me. Finally another officer came and escorted me to the back of the station and took my fingerprints. As he escorted me back to the front, the officer apologized to me and I walked out alone.
Okay, so I had to get my fingerprints taken for my job at the Boys and Girls Club. But I really did sit in the station and wait, and the apology was for the amount of time that I waited, since that officer apparently was never notified that I was there. The officer at the front desk called back twice to let them know I was there, so somebody just didn't pass the message along. The fingerprinting process took about 5 minutes and within 10 minutes of leaving the police station I was back home, prints delivered to the proper people at the Club. I think I waited for 45 minutes. At least it is somewhat interesting to observe what the local police do with their time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Haha, good one. You had me going there for a while. I was like "oh no, what happened!". I had to get fingerprinted too when I was subtitute teaching. Did they do the old fashioned way with ink or did they do it on the computer? It feels funny to have someone roll your finger for you; on one finger I was like, ow - you didn't just roll, you almost bent my finger. LOL. :)
Hee hee. Hey, if I had to go to the police station for something I might as well make the most of it on my blog, right?
They did it with ink. I've had it done once before and it was with ink then, too. No finger bending, though. The officer was pretty good about it. Apparently he's done it a few times before. ;)
That must have been fun.
In British police stations, prisoners are usually required to leave their shoes outside the cells. We keep our 'custody suites' clean here.
God Bless
Matthew
The only really fun part was that I think it was the first time I had really been inside of a police station since I was quite young. I've been inside of a prison, but not a police station.
It's nice that at least prisoners have to be courteous guests over there.
Prison ministry is such a valuable field of service for the Gospel.
I think that is the case in some Yank police stations too.
If your guests are ever unhappy about removing their shoes, tell them you don't want them attempting anything with their shoe-laces.
Every Blessing in Christ
Matthew
Yes, it is too bad that there are no women's prisons in this area. I enjoyed the opportunity I had to minister back in California. The young woman I mentored paroled about the same time I left the state, so the timing was good. Must have been a coincidence, right?
Matt, that's too funny. Shoe laces. My roommate already thinks I'm a freak. If I said that it would absolutely confirm that in her mind!
Post a Comment