Thursday, June 8, 2006

Moving day has arrived!

Well, it's past midnight now, so it is officially moving day. I am very excited about this. I am less excited about the amount of stuff left to pack, but since we can't get into the new apartment until after 3:30 tomorrow I still have time. As for now I plan on going to bed very soon! Two young men from church are going to help out. They both have trucks, but I tend to doubt that we'll actually need both of the trucks. I think we could use their manpower more than anything else! It is supposed to rain while we are moving. That could be fun. Oh well. In the meantime, Nicole and I are both quite glad that this is our last night here in this apartment. I am not sure how quickly I can get the internet connection at the new place. I was told that I should be able to just call and have them activate it since I'm an existing customer. Let's hope that's accurate, or I could disappear for a few days.

I went to get my car inspected today. I called a place and the mechanic said to bring it in at 2:30, so I did. He was too busy, so I am going back again tomorrow at 10:00. Hopefully everything will go quickly and painlessly, since I have stuff I need to get done! While I was out I decided to stop by the DMV and get the driver's license taken care of. There was hardly any line and I waited about two minutes to be helped. I now have a New York driver's license and registered to vote at the new address, so the vehicle inspection is my last step in the process. It will be nice to have that done! I wasn't going to go to the DMV today because I wanted my picture taken with my hair down, but I went anyway, wet hair pulled back (hey, it was raining out today!). I've spent the last 9 years with a driver's license photo with my hair pulled back, so what's a few more? At least this picture wasn't taken when I was 16. My mom and I were talking about driver's license photos last night. They are notoriously unflattering, you see, and she said that they should look like you would look when a police officer pulls you over. My response: "Oh, that's what they're for? I thought they were for buying alcohol."

I managed to spray tuna and tuna water all over the front of my shirt this afternoon just before leaving to go get the car inspected. It's the kind of thing that really does require changing. Can you imagine walking around all day smelling like tuna? Not really my ideal perfume. Why does stuff like that only seem to happen to me when I have to leave to go somewhere in just a few minutes?

5 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Moving is a hassle. I have moved house with my parents so many times. We have lived in four different houses in Worcester, as well as a few other towns when I was younger.

I hope it all goes smoothly.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

Angie said...

Thank you! My parents have lived in the same house since 1976, so my only real moving experiences prior to coming out here were in and out of the dorms in college, and that doesn't count since I could fit everything into my car!

Redeemed said...

Angie, I hope the move will go very well. Especially the internet, we can't have you missing for a few days!

Angie said...

I hope not to be missing, too!

Anonymous said...

They are notoriously unflattering, you see, and she said that they should look like you would look when a police officer pulls you over.
Haha, that is funny. :)