Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I would like to thank...

I would like to thank Shieryl publicly for making my evening by sending Nicole and me a box full of stuff for the kitchen! I cannot remember if we ever had French Berry Lemonade together, so I don't know if she knew that I really like it or if she just chose really well. I think we might have had some at some event, though, so it was probably something she knew I liked. I appreciate it either way! This stuff is from Trader Joe's, which I really wish we had around here. I think the particular brand I used to buy I got at Cost Plus World Market, which we don't have here, either. Nicole was a bit disappointed that it wasn't alcoholic, but I am sure she will like it anyway ;). We'll have to drink it out of wine glasses and pretend. The oven mits are really nice, too, and fit my hands a lot better than the ones Nicole has. Shieryl, you are very thoughtful and sweet! Thank you so much!

P.S. - We're not planning on having any furbabies.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Egads, woman! No need to thank me publicly. LOL! Yes, we did have French Berry Lemonade together which is how I knew that you love the stuff. However, I always thought you got it at Trader Joe's since that was where I had encountered it before I met you. :) Glad to hear that you liked the stuff! How did you like my packing job? LOL. I focused mostly on the bottle since I was deathly afraid of it breaking in transit. But wait, what is this I hear? NO FURBABIES??? Gasp!!! Sacrebleu! How can you form a union and bear no furbabies? Don't you want cute little furry ones running around the room? LOL. Just kidding. ;)

Angie said...

This was not about need, Shieryl. I wanted to do it! Your packing job was great. It looks a lot like how I would have packed things, except that I actually have bubble wrap right now and would probably use it just to get rid of it.

I just had a thought. Thanks for sending French Berry Lemonade and not French Bread. We've had that together, too. ;)

No furbabies. We actually talked about it, but we would never be able to decide on what kind of pet (by which I mean dog breed since I don't think either of us would really want any other kind of pet), but you have to pay extra rent and feed and clean up after the animal, and I don't think either of us are keen on that idea right now.

Anonymous said...

So now I need to get myself to CostPlus. The stuff you brought somehow tasted better than the stuff at Trader Joe's. hehe :)

I would never send you any French Bread! French Bread is not worthy of you! ;) Although it was "fun" to "make fun" of "French" people. Haha. Good times, good times. :D

I hear ya on the furbaby thing. I was just messing with you anyway. But ya, having a kitty in an apartment is ok but a doggie I think would feel quite fenced in. And what is up with people charging for pet rent nowadays? That is crazy! Sheesh!

Redeemed said...

oh how sweet, shieryl is a good friend indeed. hip hip hourray for shireyl :)

Angie, I have read your posts though I have not commented and am in prayer for Nicole and such. I have missed your blog, and have missed you. snif. :(

hip hip hourray for angie too :)

Angie said...

Shieryl, I bought the Lorina brand. I don't know if they still sell it there or not, but if they do you'll have to get some!

I know why they charge extra rent for animals - that's one of the reasons they had to replace the carpet in here. The carpet had stains from pet "accidents" and that extra money every month helped cover the cost.

Sarah, thank you so much! I miss having you around the blogosphere regularly!

Matthew Celestine said...

That is a kind thing to do.

Perhaps you can mix the lemonade with something alcoholic.

God Bless

Matt

Angie said...

You know, that thought crossed my mind, Matt! We could always spike the lemonade! We don't actually have anything to do that with, though, since I think my 5% alcohol Smirnoff Ice is the only alcohol we have on hand. We might want to fix that...