Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Flood!
I got a phone call 30 minutes ago, just after I got up, to say that the river is indeed flooded. Apparently one of my coworkers arrived this morning and said that flooding doesn't begin to describe what it looks like at work. My roommate is also off today since non-essential travel is restricted. It is supposed to get really bad! I am so glad I moved, since I lived one block from the riverfront in my old apartment. We're on slightly higher ground here and I don't think the water is expected to get this high. I think we'll make some preparations anyway. If the river floods enought to get over here we'd be in big trouble since our apartment is partly below ground level! Thankfully the rain has stopped today. It is supposed to rain a little bit, but not much. Nicole and I are probably going to walk down to the river and check it out. We're really only a couple of blocks from the river, so we won't have to go far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Floods are not very helpful things.
That must be the biggest understatement I have heard in a long time. You must be British. ;)
A couple of blocks from where the river IS or where it WAS? :P
Oh dear little sis, what ever shall we do?
Well, both. The areas that got flooded were down a lot lower, so the flood waters here probably don't go more than a block from the riverbank, but apparently the flooding is worse in the surrounding areas.
Post a Comment