Thursday, June 29, 2006
Quick update
Apparently the flooding is not just here. The Northeast in general is suffering from flooding rivers. The river has not yet crested according to forecasts, although it is not supposed to rise much more. We are in an area of voluntary evacuation, but Nicole and I have no real intention of leaving unless the evacuations become mandatory, which we don't think will happen. A lot of roads are closed and some areas are above the water level but completely isolated because all of the access roads are flooded. So far they expect the water to recede below flood stage late this weekend. We are going to get more rain, but it should not impact the water level too much. The Boys and Girls Club is closed for the rest of the week, but so are many other services and businesses. It does mean that I don't have work tomorrow or Friday. Tuesday is Independence Day, so there's no work for me that day, either. This whole situation is weird and somewhat surreal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It does not sound much fun. I am sure you are trusting God in it all.
I can see God taking care of us. Where I lived before I would have been in much greater danger of flooding. Nicole and I wanted to take an apartment that was rented to someone else before we had a chance to say we wanted it - that apartment is on the other side of the river, really close to the river, and on much lower ground. I am sure that building got flooded. My situation at work is a little bit uncertain, yes, and I trust God to take care of that. I don't know how long it will take to clean the area up once the water goes down, but the water level started to fall this morning. Hopefully it won't take too long to clean the building up and get us back in there.
It does seem surreal. We have no idea how REAL the forces of nature can be, especially when we live in relatively safe areas.
Very true, Rose!
Post a Comment