Jesus wept.
That's all it says. Why did He weep? I think John 11:33 is amazing.
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
I don't think Jesus wept because Lazarus died and He was dealing with grief. I think Jesus wept because it pained Him to see Mary and the others in such painful mourning. It hurts God when we hurt because He loves us.
That's the heart of our Father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Amen, Angie, that's what I also think. In fact, I had posted on that a while ago, probably before you and I met. I remember a Sunday School teacher giving me that explanation and I truly believe that this is why our Lord Jesus wept. God cares for our tears.
Death had not been defeated yet. There were still countless millions who would continue to die.
Thanks, Sarah. I did not read such a post, so it must have been before we met. :)
Matthew, you are probably right. I suppose Jesus wept for more than one reason. Emotions are complex!
Post a Comment