Friday, June 9, 2006

Apartment

Apartment photos can be found here. I also put a link in the sidebar. The place is a mess, since we moved in last night and then didn't get back from cleaning the old one until 1 am.

This place is nice. I really like it. It has a lot of storage space and the rooms are all rather nicely sized. For those interested in this sort of thing, here are the approximate dimensions of the rooms according to my measurements this morning:

My room - 12x14
My closet - 12x2
Nicole's room - 11x12
Nicole's closet (not including space taken up by the water heater) - 2x7
Bathroom - 5x8
Bathroom (without bath/shower) - 5x5
Kitchen (wall to wall) - 8x9
Kitchen (walking space) - 6x5
Dining room - 6x9
Living room - 12x15
Patio - 8x10
Storage - 8x5
Office - 9x11

The approximate indoor square footage according to my inexact measurements (including extra closets, hallway, etc.) is 844 and the total square footage is 964.

We had three young men from church helping us move and one of them brought a van from work, so we were able to get everything over in one trip, save the few things we left at the old one for cleaning. It made for quick work, and the van was especially nice since it was raining. We walked to Friendly's for dinner since it is about half a block from the apartment and Nicole and I treated the guys to thank them for their excellent help. By the time we finished dinner it was just after 9:00 and then we ran to WalMart to buy some things we needed ASAP (like a shower curtain!), cleaned the old apartment, had a midnight chat in the street with one of my old neighbors, and then got back here at 1:00. I didn't really like the idea of sleeping on the floor last night since my back was already talking to me and I was very much aware of my sciatic nerve, so I pumped up the air mattress and made the bed. Nicole slept on the floor. We were both dead tired, but very happy to be in the new apartment at last!

They put in tile just inside the front door, which is nice, so there's an area to take off shoes. We also arranged to have some people unloading stuff outside who then passed everything to people inside who were not wearing shoes. :)

7 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

That apartment is so lovely. It is a lot bigger than I would have expected.

Well done for protecting the floor!

God Bless

Matthew

Angie said...

We are very happy with the size of the apartment. It was much larger and nicer than we hoped to find within our budget. God has been taking really good care of me!

Matthew Celestine said...

The Lord is so good.

Angie said...

He is indeed!

Redeemed said...

Very nice apartment, Angie. It's big and spacious. What a blessing!!!

I'm glad that the move went well and that Nicole and you are finally settled in.

Now I can imagine and see Angie sitting in her room with her laptop, or in the office, wrtiting up another good post to publish on her blog. NEAT :)

Angie said...

Indeed it is a blessing!

I only wish Nicole and I were settled. You should see this place...boxes everywhere...virtually no furniture...

Anonymous said...

Wow, the place looks really spacious! I especially love your closet. ;)