Friday, June 30, 2006

Another day, another thunderstorm...

It rained again today. While the rainfall was brief, it was enough to really annoy me. We have had about a foot of rain this month, most of which fell in the past week. That's almost three times the average for June here in Endicott and only two inches less than the annual average for where I grew up. Tomorrow is supposed to be mostly sunny, but then tomorrow is the start of a new month!

My supervisor stopped by this evening with my paycheck for the week I worked at the Boys and Girls Club. While hand delivery is not normal, she happens to be a friend from church and this was the fourth time she's been over here in the past week. She told me that the summer program will relocate to an elementary school. They will be talking to the parents to find out how many of the kids will continue in the program and then assess staffing needs. At this point I may or may not have a job. I would be very sad indeed if I could not return to working with the kids. I feel like they have been let down by this disaster as much as any of us who were paid to be there!

4 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I do hope you get your job back.

I shall keep praying.

Don't spend your paycheck on candy.

God Bless

Matt

Angie said...

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate your prayers a lot.

That would be more candy than I would consume in a few years! Is that the British version of "Don't spend it all in one place"?

Matthew Celestine said...

I do not think we have a cliched expression like that.

I was genuinely worried that you might be wanting to ease your sorrow with some sugary indulgence.

God Bless

Matt

Angie said...

Oh, I do appreciate your concern. Sugary indulgence? Not in any great quantity. I think I ease my sorrow with other things, like the flowers I bought, or just try to distract myself by putting a movie on or going out and doing something. I really don't have that much of a sweet tooth, although a little bit of chocolate is always welcome. (Flowers and chocolate? How very stereotypical!) I did make myself some hot chocolate that evening, but I think that was because my roommate had some and it looked good. I really do think that the way I ease my sorrow best is by talking or journaling because that helps me to sort out my thoughts and process what is happening. That way I deal with it instead of just hoping that it goes away!