Saturday, July 1, 2006

Daily report

I slept in this morning. That felt nice. I then spent a relatively quiet day at home. My roommate bought a computer desk, which we put together this afternoon, so I don't have to sit on the floor to use the new computer (I have been using the laptop a lot lately!), which also feels nice. There's no room for the mouse on the keyboard tray, which is annoying for mouse-intensive activities, but it beats sitting on the floor!

I think this evening I will watch a movie and work on the blanket I am making. I am knitting pieces, crocheting trim and then stitching the pieces together. The pieces are blue chenille yarn and the trim is black chenille yarn. I started it a few months ago and am sure that it will take quite some time to finish! It's going to be a nice, fuzzy, warm blanket, perfect for the winter, provided I get it done by then. :) It won't look perfect, since it is an experiment. The pieces I am knitting are done in whatever pattern I decide to make them, and not all of my blue yarn is from the same dye lot, so they won't match perfectly, but it will have character and personality!

2 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

You are very talented.

Angie said...

Thanks, Matt. I really can't do much with knitting or crocheting that doesn't involve really basic stitches and straight lines, but that's really all one needs to know for such a project.