Thursday, July 20, 2006

At long last

My roommate looked at the classified ads yesterday and saw an ad for a sleeper sofa with a queen size mattress at a price that we could not beat. Tonight we went to look at it and decided to buy it. The money has been delivered and we have bedding for the bed and the sofa itself should be delivered next week sometime. We will probably put a slip cover on it to cover some of the parts that show its age, but it is not an uncomfortable couch. The mattress is in really good condition, but it's not a very comfortable mattress, so the bedding we bought included stuff to make it more comfortable. At long last we will have a couch in our living room! We also have adequate space for guests to sleep, too, since we have the small futon thing in the office and two twin air mattresses as well. I think that's the last piece of furniture we were going to buy. Now we need to put up window coverings!

The lady we bought the couch from gave us two wreathes. She had them sitting there and knew that we were still getting settled and acquiring stuff for our apartment, so she decided to help us out with something to use for decoration. They just have some artificial ivy on them right now, so we'll get some artificial flowers and spruce them up a bit. Hopefully we'll hang any wreathes outside on the front door. I cannot imagine putting such a thing inside with the way the place is decorated!

Today we went to a park with the kids. We rented a paddle boat and one of the other leaders and I sat on the back and let the kids who wanted to use the paddle boat sit in the front and paddle. It was a great arrangement. :) I played a little bit of kickball, too, so I had my time in the sun today. I forgot what it is like to have a perpetual minor sunburn, but that's what I have now. I also have rather interesting lines on my feet from time out in the sun wearing sandals. The sun really brings out my freckles. They do get darker when I spend time outside! I am enjoying my time. The kids in my group are, for the most part, good kids. They have their moments, but on the whole I do think they could be much, much worse. I am also enjoying the time I have with my co-workers. A lot of them are non-Christians, but they do make for pleasant company and interesting conversation. The guy I've been working with for the past two weeks is leaving in a week to go back to school, since he plays basketball for the university and has to be back for that. That's too bad, since I do like working with him. I've had three different co-leaders for my group, and I'm not really sure who is going to replace the one I have now. I think it will probably be the original co-leader who has been filling in as supervisor for two weeks. Time is passing by quickly and summer will be over before I am ready for it to end!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for furniture! :)

I agree - time is flying by!!

Redeemed said...

I do hate to think that summer will be over soon :(

We still have one week in July and the entire month of August though. I am determined to enjoy them :)

Angie said...

Time goes by so quickly, which is both good and bad, I suppose, depending on how one chooses to look at it.

Sarah, keep me posted re Aug 4, okay?