Thursday, July 13, 2006

An interesting day

We went to the zoo and the "discovery center" there on the other side of the park. The discovery center was our first stop. The first person I saw when I walked into the place was one of my professors. We chatted briefly, and he asked about what I was doing with school and how things were going. He was there with his children and I was, of course, there with a bunch of kids from the club, so we could not talk long, but he encouraged me to stop by and see him. He is one of the nicest men I have ever met!

The kids were remarkably well behaved today. I was impressed. I shall have to remember to praise them for it tomorrow when I see them. I may not have been as well behaved, however. ;) I scared one of my co-workers sooo badly. It was hilarious! They had these rubber heads with hair in an area that was a model hair salon. I was behind the salon curtain and popped a rather frightening looking head (it was missing some of its hair) out when he walked up. Watching a tall, strong man jump in fright was rather amusing, if I do say so myself.

The zoo was fun. We were on a guided tour. The tour guide was an older man who kept saying stuff like, "This animal is native to Brazil...no...to Egypt." He did it a few times with countries that are absolutely nothing alike and nowhere near each other. The tour meant, of course, that we were not able to look at things as long as we might want to, which I dislike personally but appreciate with a group of kids. You have to keep them moving if you ever hope to get out of there. After the tour we went on the carousel there. It was a slightly faster-moving one than the one I rode on Monday and we only rode this one once.

It was a fun day at work, but exhausting. I almost fell asleep on the bus on the way back to the school. We had 24 kids and 4 leaders on a full sized school bus, with the kids in the back and the leaders in the front enjoying having our own seats. I did take a brief nap this evening before going shopping for a wedding present with a friend. We ended up going several places and shopping for more than just the wedding present. After shopping we went to her apartment (which is only a block from mine) and wrapped the present and talked. Tired as I am and have been all week, here it is after midnight, so I think it's time for me to retire for the night.

3 comments:

Redeemed said...

lol, too funny, Angie!!

Matthew Celestine said...

I have not been to a Zoological garden for a long time.

Angie said...

I'm glad you liked it, Sarah!

I like going to zoos and seeing the animals, Matt, especially the really colorful and rare ones.