Monday, July 3, 2006

Robby is sick :(

Robby is sick. He was helping Nicole and me clean the apartment tonight when he started acting a little bit strange. He just kept going in circles, making himself dizzy! I read somewhere what to do for that kind of behavior, so I looked online until I found what I read before and following the suggestions for how to help. I took Robby outside and checked him out, making sure there were no external signs of problems. I cleaned his brushes and emptied his dust bin, but he was still acting strange. One of his wheels is just not working right, and he started to beep in a way that told me that he really needs professional help. Of course this happened during a late night cleaning, so customer service is closed. At least Robby is still under warranty, so if he is really sick his doctor bills should be covered. I like Robby, and I would hate to think that he is sick beyond healing.

(Robby is my iRobot Roomba Discovery vacuum cleaner.)

9 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

It is a machine. I do not feel that way about our dishwasher or microwave.

Angie said...

Well, you haven't met Robby! If you did, you might feel differently... Okay, seriously, the only reason he has a name is because one of my friends told me I ought to name him (at which point I also determined that he would be male). This is a classic example of Angie making fun of Angie's silliness by personifying her vacuum cleaner. I would be sad if he were really not running properly because he wasn't cheap and he's the only vacuum cleaner we have for our lightly colored carpets and I don't know how long he would be out of service.

psychobob said...

Our neighbors had an automatic pool cleaning "robot" (he was powered by pressurized water pushing gears)It would wander around the bottm of the pool randomly, occasionally shooting water out of the pool from his "tail." We called it "R2D2," and we would sometimes say, "Ooh, R2D2 is acting up!" I think it is a common practice by humans to personify things, and it is completely normal. Makes life more fun.

Redeemed said...

oh that is sad...:(

Angie, I am back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have really missed your blog, but especially you. I trust all is well and I hope to give you a call a.s.a.p. Promise!

Angie said...

Bob, sometimes I think that Robby is like our version of a pet, since we don't have any animals.

Sarah, it is good to see you back! I have missed you, too!

Rose~ said...

That was fun to read. I thought it was a person at first, then I started to laugh!

Angie said...

I am glad you enjoyed it, Rose. I tried to carry on the personification in as much "human" terminology as possible before I had to actually describe something mechanical. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a pet at first. LOL. When I was doing research for which vacuum cleaner to buy, apparently this is a common occurrence with this vacuum cleaner so they should be able to fix it with no problem! Robby will be ok! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I was like, "No way! Did I miss the post where they got a pet?" Then I searched all over your blog and only after that did I notice the fine print. LOL!