Monday, July 31, 2006

Water balloon fight!

We had a water balloon fight today at work. Every Monday we take the kids to a pool at a local park to swim. During that time I am with the non-swimmers riding the carousel. Today the pump in the pool was broken, so they had to close the pool. That meant that we had to take the kids back to the Boys & Girls Club for the afternoon. The other leaders decided that we needed to have a water balloon fight. I enjoy such activities, so I had no objections to it. We gave the kids some water balloons to throw (we were their targets) and had some party balloons filled with water that we were throwing. One of the leaders had the hose, too. The kids got drenched. I got a little bit wet, mostly from the water balloon that one of the kids popped right over my head and splash from the hose and other balloons breaking. It was fun. I also taught the kids how to play Mafia today. Memories from Israel with that one! I think it went over well and we'll have to do it again sometime. :)

7 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Mafia is much more fun than getting soaking wet.

Angie said...

Well, today it is supposed to be 97 (36) degrees, so I think getting soaking wet might feel better than anything we would do in the non-air conditioned building!

Redeemed said...

Mafia is fun, but I would also have loved being part of the water balloon fight. What's a summer like without a water balloon fight anyway!?

Matthew Celestine said...

I am not into getting wet.

Angie said...

Getting wet on a hot day is rather nice, I think. Perhaps that comes from growing up where summers are really hot and in a house with no air conditioning!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Water balloon fights rock!! :) Especially in the heat. :)

Angie said...

Shieryl, I couldn't have said it better myself!