Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Words of affirmation

Since words of affirmation are what speak to me, I am going to use them to show my appreciation for some of the friends I have. The list of friends is not exhaustive, nor are the lists of the things I appreciate about them.

The Sisters
Nikki – I can tell her anything and ask her anything. Nothing is sacred between us. I know that she loves me a lot and looks out for my best interest. She has become my close friend in our adulthood.

Erin – Genuinely nice and manages to maintain a positive attitude through just about anything. She cares a lot about people.

The Roommate
Nicole – She is willing to work through conflicts with me to maintain a positive atmosphere in our home and is able to communicate what she needs from me. She is very open about what God is teaching her. We can also talk about almost anything.

The Friends from California
Shieryl – She is sweet and very generous. She is the person with whom I can share VeggieTales, knitting, beer and great conversation all at the same time. She understands what it means to be a committed friend.

Jessica - She is the one I could talk to about theology and know that she enjoyed the conversation as much as I did. We understand each other very well. She's also very sweet.

Tim – I appreciate how nice he’s been over the years, even when I was not nearly as nice to him. Recently it has been great to see how he has grown in wisdom and maturity.

The Blogging Friends
Sarah – She is quick to encourage and embrace me, always speaking of the goodness and faithfulness of God. She is the kind of friend I want to have for a long time!

Carey – She is open, wise, and kind. She allows me to be her “big sister” in Christ and in turn encourages me and gives me good counsel.

Matthew – I really appreciate his heart for evangelism. He has been patient with me, answering the multitude of questions I send his way. His knowledge of the Bible is very impressive. He is also very genuine.

7 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

You are very encouraging. Thanks for the sentiments.

Angie said...

Thank you and you are most welcome. I do want my friends to know that I appreciate them!

Redeemed said...

Angie, thank you for the kind words, especially that I know you have a good heart and that you mean what you say. I'm really touched!

I am always encouraged by your beautiful spirit, wisdom and love for Christ. And I too intend on keeping you around for a long time ;) haha, you're stuck!

Carey said...

Awwwww... thanks, Angie! That is so sweet. I'm glad I can encourage you -- it's a privilege!

Anonymous said...

To the girl with the beautiful red hair... You are valued by me. I admire your strong will and intelligent mind. Our conversations are at the same time amusing and enriching. I have been blessed by them. You are a lovely soul, dearest Angie.

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks girlfriend! Thank you for being my knitting sansei - I am but your humble apprentice. ;) Hmmm, "knitting" and "beer" in the same sentence - sounds almost like it should be an oxymoron, eh? ;)

Thank you for your kind words, I am most thankful to have a friend like you! :) The thought of you gives me warm fuzzies. Fuuuuzzzzzziiiiieeees. :) So sad that I lost you to the Dark Side (a.k.a. the East Coast) ;) Darn you evil Siths for luring my Angie into staying out there!!! I think that a brief invasion of the Dark Side by the Jedi (a.k.a. West Coast) people should take place. ;)

Angie said...

Thank you all!

Shieryl, the "Jedi people" are more than welcome to come visit at any time!