Friday, July 7, 2006

Home alone

My roommate is gone for the weekend, so I will be home alone tomorrow. I think my primary objective will be to sleep in. After that I have plenty of things I could do, but that's really the only thing I am going to plan right now. I'll be going to church by myself on Sunday. I really prefer not to go to church alone, but I have friends to sit with even if Nicole is not there. People at church think we're joined at the hip. It's not true; we just believe in conserving gas by riding together.

My day at work was more or less like most others. We did a historical reenactment of the Boston Tea Party. Other groups did the sinking of the Titanic and the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Getting 5 year olds to act their parts even somewhat properly must be a challenge. It was hard enough to get a 12 year old to figure it out! There are a few kids who are really starting to annoy me because they won't listen or won't stop whining. Then there's the kid who just won't obey but I really like anyway. He's in one of the other groups, so I don't have to put up with his stubborn behavior. I think he thinks he's being cute or funny, but it does really grate on leaders when he doesn't do what he's told. He was calling me "Mom" today. Oddly enough I did not answer to it. ;)

8 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Enjoy your rest.

I think your recent posts are making it clear to me that I am not called to any kind of children's ministry.

God Bless

Matt

Redeemed said...

I hope you got to sleep in, I tuned out at 10 and woke up at 9, only because I had to. I was seriously tired. Now I have energy once more.

I hope you enjoy your weekend alone! We'll keep you company :)

Angie said...

Matt, it is not what is most natural to me, but it really isn't as bad as it sounds. It wears me out, but I like it anyway. :)

Sarah, I was up just before 9:00. That's sleeping in for me these days! I actually went to bed before midnight, too, so I got some extra sleep. I will probably nap sometime today. ;)

Jonathan Moorhead said...

"Sleep in." What is that? - I can't seem to remember.

Angie said...

Jonathan, it's something you do before you have kids. ;)

Anonymous said...

How cute, that sounds like fun. I would have loved to reenact those things when I was young. Heck, I think it would be fun to reenact them now. ;)

Sleeping in is wonderful. When we got back from our flight early Thursday morning we came home and just zonked out for hours, waking up again about noon. And we were still tired!! Heehee.

Angie said...

I kind of liked helping to write out the script and direct them. Unfortunately the leader who gave the stage directions when they performed it wasn't there when we had practiced it, so she didn't know what they were supposed to do. It didn't come off quite how I had planned it, but that's okay. It was still fun to watch!

I feel so bad that you were tired from your trip to Hawaii. So bad. ;) I am really, truly glad that you had a good time and came back. I have missed you! You and Sarah and Carey were all gone for a few days. Good thing Matt didn't leave, too. That would have been so depressing!

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad that you were tired from your trip to Hawaii. So bad. ;)
BRAT! :P

Yay! Thanks for missing me, sorry you had to endure quite a few of us being gone at the same time. We're back now, yay! :) I missed you guys too. Being the techie addict, I actually brought my work laptop with me even though my manager forbade me to do it, but as it turns out Wireless connectivity on an island isn't that great. LOL! Hubby got a kick out of me faithfully trying to connect every couple of days to no avail. ;)