Monday, July 10, 2006
A high class sign
Today we took all of the 10-12 year olds to a nearby park to swim in the pool. Some of the kids didn't have their swimming stuff with them, so three of the leaders went down to the pool to roast in the sun and watch the kids there while another leader and I stayed with the other kids. We rode the carousel at the park, since it is free. Carousels are a big thing around here. There are apparently seven of them in the area and they are all rather old. I should define what it meant to ride the carousel. That is we stayed on the thing for 30-45 minutes. The other leader and I each rode one of the horses for one ride and spent the rest of the time in the carousel benches, feet up, enjoying the cool breeze as we rode round and round and round and round. I finally got off, but two of the boys stayed on. I am pretty sure they rode for almost two full hours. I spent most of the rest of the time sitting at a picnic table in the shade keeping my eye on anywhere from one to five kids. There were signs up at the park that said, "No charcoal fires prohibited." Somehow I think that the sign didn't really say what they meant it to say. I found it rather amusing. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
ahhh, swimming, it's so hot, I could jump in the pool right now...so relaxing too!!
Sounds like you need to buy a dump truck load of charcoal birquetts and a five gallon drum of lighter fluid and have some fun. Don't forget to bring some hot doggies!!
I see signs like that a lot. I particularly love spelling errors. I saw one that said, "Caution this area under survalliance!"
Someone needs to put them to the test and ligth a charcoal fire.
Sarah, it wouldn't be relaxing in a pool full of kids!
Bob and Matt, if it weren't for the other sign in the same area that said, "Charcoal fires prohibited," I might be tempted. The ones that contradicted the intended meaning were hand-written and the one that said what it was supposed to was printed from a computer.
How lovely! I love carousels. :)
I do, too, and was happy to ride it, at least for the first few rides...
Post a Comment