There was a reception for the new associate pastor at my church after the evening service to welcome him and his wife. I think it is fun that they are here because they have been in Southern California for 24 years and know some people that I know. I went to church at 3:00 this afternoon to help get the food ready. Between 4:00 and 5:00 the cakes showed up and somebody noticed there was a slight error on the main cake. It was supposed to say, "Welcome Pastor & {wife's name}," but instead it said, "Welcome Pastor {wife's name}." Oooops. We found it rather amusing. There was an extra cake that we were going to keep in the kitchen in case we used up the three cakes we set out, so we took some frosting from the flowers on the extra cake and put it in some plastic wrap, poked a hole in it and I added "&" to the cake. It said what it was supposed to, but we had a great story to tell!
In the service this evening they let people choose their favorite hymns to sing. That is always fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That omission must have looked worrying.
Why not let people chose the hymns every meeting?
1 Cor 14:26
"How is it then, brethre? When ye meet, everyone hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying."
God Bless
Matt
We had a moment of panic before we fixed the writing on the cake. Woman pastor at our church? Not going to happen!
I wish they would let people choose hymns more often. I think it is good to do that. We sang a few that I did not know well or even at all, so it was a good chance for me to learn. We also sang some that I had not heard in a long time. If we did this often and people had a chance to sing the favorite hymns perhaps the younger generation would not find a hymnal such a foreign object. I also wish we could sing more than just one verse on most of them (that annoyed me!) because one of the things that sets the hymns apart from most modern choruses is their depth. Just singing the first verse takes a lot of that depth away.
loool, seriously funny.
Sarah, even the senior pastor thought it was funny. It's too bad we didn't take a picture of it.
haha, that is pretty funny. :)
Post a Comment