Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Razzles

I went shopping with a friend on Thursday night and saw Razzles at a store. I would have no idea what they were from had they not been in the movie 13 Going on 30. I bought some so I could experience the candy while watching the movie. I watched it tonight and tried the Razzles. They are fruit flavored candy that are also chewing gum. They were alright, but nothing spectacular. I'd rather have minty gum or have candy that I could eat without getting a huge wad of gum in my mouth. I like the movie. I don't like the fact that there is a scene with a man dancing around in his underwear (the tight white variety, too, which is as bad as seeing a man wearing a speedo), but otherwise it is cute.

There's a boy at work who has his eye on one of the girls. He and his friends were trying to find ways of getting her attention. I suggested the possibility of using chivalry to make them stand out from the rest of the boys. A little chivalry goes a long way!

I had fun at work today, playing dodgeball and kickball with the kids. I think I am getting a little bit better at throwing the dodgeballs. I can't throw very well. They are almost always off target, very softly thrown or both. I spent a lot of the games running after balls that went through the open doors. It was a warm and humid day, so I also got really sweaty playing. I don't like that feeling, but what's a girl to do? Some of the staff played Scattergories with a few of the kids. The adults were so loud and crazy playing the game that I think we scared the kids away. We were really much louder arguing over whether or not answers were valid than we ever allow the kids to be during games like that. We might have a party for the staff this weekend. I am sure we will have a great time playing games together!

I had a long talk with my roommate tonight. It was a gut-spilling time for me, and I was pretty much saying whatever came to mind. She can't answer the questions I want to ask right now, but she can listen to me ask them. I really appreciate the fact that I can do that with her. We spent some quality time together. That's one of her primary love languages. ;)

4 comments:

Redeemed said...

I am not familiar with Razzles, but I have a feeling I would like them. Nothing like Skittles though!

Matthew Celestine said...

It is great that you are able to minister to your roomate in that way.

I am glad I rarely watch movies.

God Bless

Matt

Angie said...

Sarah, Skittles are much better than Razzles, in my opinion. They just taste better!

Matt, I think my roommate was ministering to me last night. I need quality time from time to time as well, and last night I just needed to talk. There was a lot on my mind and I process things best verbally. She likes those times, too, so it really works well for both of us to sit and talk.

Anonymous said...

Love that movie! Never had Razzles either.

We are young!
Heartache to heartache, we stand!
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield

We are strong!
No on can tell us we're wrong
Searchin' our hearts for so long
Both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield

LOL! :)