Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I guess I can do it
Today I provided a little bit more support for my teams in the games I played than I have in the past. While not at all devoid of athletic ability, I have not pursued sports in any capacity in quite some time (with the exception of wallyball, which I played at least once a week for about a year, but even that was almost two years ago). It can take me a long time to get back into the swing of things. Playing kickball after lunch I got a double and scored a run and caught two balls for two of the three outs recorded in the inning I spent in the "outfield" (we were playing in a rather small gym). In dodgeball today I finally decided to attempt to throw the ball with some force. I hit something hard enough that it made the other leaders verbally comment on it - they just weren't expecting it from me, I guess. I wasn't really expecting it, but once I did it and realized that I really can, I did it a few more times (I was trying to knock something down, and probably would have if the game had not ended). We played 5 games - 3 against the other 10-12 group and 2 leaders (8 of us, since we recruited a few extra to help) vs. kids (27 10-12 year olds). My team won all 5 games. That was rather nice, even though I got very hot and sweaty in the process. :) A lot of us were commenting today that it is only Tuesday. It feels like it is MUCH later in the week than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
All right, Angie, way to go!!
By the way, it feels like a Thursday or Friday for us too, maybe it's this depressing rainy weather we're having.
:)
It's actually been partly cloudy here. There's been a lot of sun! For whatever reason the week has just felt LOOOOOONG! Maybe for some of us the baseball game yesterday made the week feel longer. Who knows?
I can relate! It sounds like your days are long, Angie. God bless you. Just think how soon the summer will be over.
I don't want to think about how soon the summer will be over. I like this job I have much more than I imagined I would.
Post a Comment