Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Team Trivia

I went to Team Trivia with my co-workers tonight. It was very fun. There were 11 of us from work plus two spouses. The questions were really random, but we got almost all of them. The answers I provided were all correct, which made me feel better. I happen to know which queen had the longest reign in England, which state calls itself the Evergreen State, what LLC stands for, which late 18th century dance was considered risque and banned in several European countries, why Achilles had an Achilles' heel, and the name of the poem that ends with "nevermore". There were some questions that I just did not know where to even start guessing, however. As a team we did really well. We ended up in second place out of probably 15 groups. It got us a $25 gift certificate for the establishment that we will use next week. I definitely want to go again!

4 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Well done.

I am not bad at trivia, except on the subject of sport. And I am not that good on entertainment either.

God Bless

Matthew

Angie said...

Most of those questions other people knew the answers to as well, but there were definitely some that I contributed to greatly. Some of the people questioned how long Victoria was queen vs. how long Elizabeth II has been queen, but I was fairly certain that I was right. ;)

Trivia is fun when one contributes to it. I was afraid I wouldn't know anything that they asked about!

Redeemed said...

Yay for Angie!

We're planning on playing Bible trivia tomorrow night with some friends from church.

My brother bought the game when he was in CALIFORNIA last year. The questions are pretty hard, hence the game is called Bible Baffle.

Angie said...

Ah, California. Seems to me I've heard of it before. Maybe someday I'll visit there...

Bible Baffle sounds like fun!