Sunday, July 23, 2006

At the park

Tonight the college & career group from church got together for some ice cream and an evening at the park. The church had its quarterly business meeting tonight instead of a regular service, so we were all skipping that to hang out and have fun. A Cold Stone Creamery opened up in Binghamton recently, so we went there for ice cream. They make their own ice cream in various flavors and have all kinds of "mix-ins" to add to it. I had cake batter ice cream with strawberries and fudge mixed in. It was really good, but very rich. I didn't finish it all. At the park we played volleyball on a sand court and then had hamburgers and hot dogs. After eating some of the group played soccer while others of us sat and chatted for a bit. We made our way over to some playground equipment and played briefly on that. It was a rather fun way to spend a Sunday evening. Tomorrow brings another day with the kids. I am honestly looking forward to it!

7 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I am glad you are looking forward to work. I seldom do.

Angie said...

I suppose it is because my job is an investment in the kids. That makes a difference, I think.

Redeemed said...

Your post made me want ice cream. yum :)

Angie said...

I have had way too much ice cream recently. Hmmm... Maybe I should forego it next time and send it to you instead...

Anonymous said...

Ummm, ColdStone . . . . ummmmmmm

Carey said...

I haven't had real fatty sugary ice cream in at least a year. *sigh* Must be content with my sugar-free, fat-free, lactose free soy "ice cream."

Angie said...

Poor Carey. :(