It was a rather interesting day at work today. Although we will have most of the kids back for the summer program, we had a very small group today. Of my roster of 17 kids, 3 came today. The other group of 10-12 year olds also had three. We decided to just combine the groups, but as the day went on all of the groups mixed together. In one game there would be a teen, a couple 5-7 year old, a few 8-9 year olds and at least two 10-12 year olds. Staffing was really casual and by the end of the day we just made sure that there was at least one adult wherever there were kids. The second part of the day was really casual for me, since they sent most of the kids and staff to a park nearby to go swimming and I was one of the few to stay behind (I was actually at lunch when the left, but I knew before I went that I wasn't going with them). I spent part of the day coloring a picture. :)
Tomorrow is Independence Day. The 4th of July is the biggest patriotic holiday, so the Boys and Girls Club will not be open. Instead I will go to a friend's house where we are having a party. She happens to live right across the street from the school where the Club is holding its summer program right now. Nicole and I are going early to help set up and also to learn how to make some really amazing potato salad. I might make some banana pudding, but I am not sure yet. I make it from scratch and serve it with freshly whipped cream, and it's so much better than what one can make from a mix! I need to decide soon, however, since I will need to go buy the ingredients.
I will be back to work again on Wednesday. It is always weird to have holidays in the middle of the week, but it does make the week go by more quickly that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks, Matt. I plan on it. :) It's raining now, but I think it's supposed to stop later this morning.
Bananas are bad - make vanilla pudding instead! ;) Just kidding!
Of course by the time you read this it will already have been made, so I guess the point is moo.('cause it's like a cow's opinion, it doesn't count!)
Yes, your opinion does come a little bit too late, since I made the pudding this morning. It went over very well, bananas and all.
Post a Comment