I went to a wedding today. Two of my unsaved friends got married after living together for two years, from what I gather. They were married in a Methodist church. I am fairly certain that the groom's parents attend the church there and that the bride and groom, though unsaved, were thinking of joining the church. The pastor who married them was named Sharon. I think that's the first time I've seen a woman pastor at a wedding, but I was honestly not wholly surprised. Her message was rather nice, actually. It was personal for the bride and groom, not something out of a book. One of the points that she made was that God needed to be at the center of their relationship and that they needed to seek Him and make Him part of every decision. I say AMEN to that! I hope they listen and take heed. The cover of the program said, "On this day I marry my best friend." I love that. That, to me, is romantic. As part of the ceremony the congregation participated briefly with the affirmation of our commitment to supporting their marriage. I liked that. I don't know if it is standard practice in Methodist weddings or not, but I don't think I've been to a wedding that had such a thing. The bride looked lovely and the groom cried when she came down the aisle and when he said his vows. The ceremony was short and sweet, which is always nice!
The reception did not start until 2 hours after the wedding ended, so my friend and I went to Starbucks and chatted for a while until it was time to go. They had dancing, which usually consisted of a couple or two on the dance floor, except for a few songs. I sat and watched, as is my wont, except during the Hokey Pokey. I figured the inner child in me could get out there and participate in that one. The food was good. It was nothing fancy, but it was quite sufficient and I heard no complaints. The reception site was hot and stuffy since today was a warm, rainy day and there was no air conditioning in the place. I imagine more people would have danced if it had been cooler inside. I don't think I want dancing at my wedding, regardless of the weather. ;) Overall the wedding was rather nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I am glad you enjoyed it. I am not sure I would have enjoyed it so much.
God Bless
Matt
Matt, I enjoy these things because I look for things to enjoy in them. :)
You do have a postive attitude.
Not always! It sometimes takes a lot of effort. I used to be quite the pessimist, but I have changed over time.
Post a Comment