Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Apartment update

I spoke to my landlord today. The new tenants for my apartment are willing to live in another one temporarily until I can move into my new one. This is very good. It means I will have internet longer! It also reduces the moving stress in general. We should know in a week or two how long we will have to wait after the 1st to move in. Once we know that we can plan accordingly. I bought a second air mattress yesterday, too, so that once we move neither of us will have to sleep on the floor until we get the furniture moved in. The pieces are falling into place.

Between June 1 and June 6 I need to register my car in New York (my registration in CA is expiring), which might require an inspection, and get an insurance plan. I will also have to get a NY driver's license. When I get the new driver's license I will also register to vote. I think those things should establish my residency here, which will hopefully make tuition cheaper.

It was a beautiful day today. The sky was blue and clear and had big, white, fluffy clouds. I love skies like that. It was quite warm, to the point that I might call it hot! A bunch of us from the college & career group went to get ice cream after church tonight. I had ice cream pizza - brownie crust with swirled chocolate and vanilla ice cream topped with peanut butter, chocolate and peanut butter cups. I don't remember what the other ice cream pizza varieties they offered were. It was a new concept to me, but it was quite good.

9 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

That is good news about your apartment.
The Lord is good.

I have never heard of Ice Cream Pizza.

God Bless

Matthew

Redeemed said...

Sounds like you had a nice day. Glad to hear good news concerning your appartment.

Alrgight, Angie will be a true Newy Yorker soon!

I never heard of ice cream pizza either. I'm guessing it tastes like pizza. Me so smart!

Redeemed said...

oops, i wrote apartment with 2 ps.

It's cuz of French, we write it "appartement".

oopsy!

Angie said...

Yes, the Lord is good. He has always taken good care of me in the past. I have no reason to doubt that He will continue to do so. Thank you for praying.

Ice cream pizza must be something special at the ice cream place we went to last night. They have a little flyer there that says, "What is ice cream pizza?"

Sarah, you communicate. :)

Anonymous said...

Can you tell that I am craving some boba right about now? It is my daily mid-afternoon low-blood sugar induced coma/hunger attack. hehe.

I love skies like that too. Whenever you have clouds like that make sure you try and catch the sunset because it is awesome! Especially where the sun is setting, the clouds get this cool golden outline around it with pretty sunset colors outside of it. Pretty!!!! Except now that you're on the East coast I guess you'd have to catch the sunrise. ;)

Angie said...

Catching the sunrise would require getting up much earlier than I like to. I would prefer to sleep in, boba lady. (Speaking of which, one of my classmates was drinking boba tonight - I don't think I would like it, since I think tapioca is gross.)

Sarah said...

Yeah! I'm glad all those moving details are working themselves out. Our God is a wonderful God who cares about even the smallest things. Oh, and speaking of me telling you when our old friends are getting married, I'm not sure if you heard this one: Angie DeVore and K.C. Mah are getting married in August! It's one most of us didn't expect, but they're happy. I will be adding straps to her bridesmaid dresses.

Angie said...

Oh, that is an interesting couple. I don't know KC all that well, but I don't think I would have put them together. Then again I never would have put Susan and Ivan together, either, and they've been married for quite some time now! So, if I had stayed in Santa Clarita would I be married by now, too? ;) Okay, I'm kidding. God is far to apparent in the details of my life here for me to even think about what would have happened if I had stayed somewhere else.

Oh, Sarah (Sarah H.) - I ran across a fellow blogger who goes to Philip De Courcy's church in Ohio. Small world, huh?

Sarah said...

Wow! That is a small world. Pastor DeCourcy will be speaking for one of our SummerFest nights this summer! I'm looking forward to having him back. And in some cases it seems like there's something in the water here at Placerita - weddings & babies are happening in high numbers. However, there are still very eligible people who are still single - Lisa Layton for one. So, location doesn't necessarily mean something will happen. There are plenty of people who don't meet someone until they move away. :) We serve a wonderful God who knows what is best for each one of us.