Saturday, May 27, 2006

Not alone anymore

Nicole is staying with me now. I am no longer living alone. After being by myself for several months it will be interesting to have to coordinate schedules with someone. Tomorrow will be our first big test, since we will have to be ready for church at the same time. I am looking forward to sharing meals with her, though. I hate eating alone. I'm already thawing out the meat for dinner tomorrow :).

My parents arrived home last night from their two week cruise. They had a good time. While they were gone my grandmother's husband was in the hospital for four days. He is out now and doing better. My parents' neighbor across the street died yesterday morning. She was in her 80s and had a very bad case of Alzheimer's, but her husband kept her at home and took care of her until the end.

7 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

I hope you get on well with her.

May you be mutual blessings to each other.


Matthew

Angie said...

Thank you, kind sir.

Redeemed said...

It's nice having a roomate, and must be fun, especially that you are both saved!

Glad to know your parents are back from their cruise.

Angie said...

Yeah, although when I start to talk about whatever I've been pondering sometimes she takes on the smile and nod approach - I just talk over her head without realizing it sometimes. It's actually a bit humorous, probably because we're both quite frank about it. :) She'll probably get sermonettes from me all the time. Poor thing.

Carey said...

I'm sure you're really fun to have for a roomate, Angie! Sarah would be fun too! Maybe if I get to move up North for a Master's degree... wouldn't that be fun?

Redeemed said...

Angie would make a fun roomate, not to mention all the great advice we would obtain!!!!

Carey, now that would be fun, then you and I go room! How cool, oh this would just too great!

Angie said...

I'm glad you all think it would be fun to be my roommate. :) The first day has been interesting. God is really sovereign. Tonight we had a really long conversation, but it was good. She's going through some rough stuff right now, and I am glad I could be here for her to hug her when she cried and listen when she talked and encourage her (and offer my advice, which I can't seem to stop doing). She is here with me now and I with her and this is not a mistake, as I can see quite clearly even this early on.