"Any human being who violates the laws of God only ends up proving them, not destroying them. The Word of God remains eternal. Those who have tried to bury it only find out that the Bible rises up to outlive its pallbearers."
Ravi Zacharias, in I, Isaac, take Thee, Rebekah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Well said, Amen.
Indeed.
Is 1 John 5:7 in the eternal word or not?
Matthew, I am not quite sure what you mean when you ask that.
Sorry. 1 John 5:7 is missed out of the modern translations. Even some who favour the KJV do not believe it is genuine.
That was a provocative, baiting comment. Sorry.
Every Blessing in Christ
Matthew
I figured it was baiting something, but I was not aware that it was a controversial verse. I feel so enlightened now. ;)
It's a shame, though, since it's true...
Matthew brings up a good point. Wow, that's the verse I ALWAYS use when a jw starts with me...
Sarah, I would imagine they leave it out. Certainly isn't part of their doctrine!
Some people say that verse supports Modalism, which may be why it is missing from every Greek manuscript bar one (which may be fake).
God Bless
Matthew
Oh, yes, I can see how they could make it say that, but then do they also have a problem with John 10:30?
I think the textual issue overrides any real concern about the theology of the verse. However, fears that it supported Modalism probably lead to it being edited out of the Byzantine tradition.
God Bless
Matthew
Post a Comment