Saturday, May 20, 2006

In the Davis dorm

Tonight I went over to Davis College, the small Christian college here in town, to eat ice cream with Amy. She is leaving tomorrow to go home for the summer and it is tradition for her to eat ice cream with Nicole before going home (for any kind of break) and I was invited to join in this time. We talked and ate ice cream (three spoons, one container of ice cream in the middle) while Amy was supposed to be packing. Then Jes came in. She lives next door to Amy in the dorms and is also leaving tomorrow. Somehow we ended up in a room full of stuff they are storing for the summer and somehow I ended up giving back massages for almost an hour. It was a fun night. It's really a shame that those girls are going to be gone until August.

2 comments:

Redeemed said...

I am glad you had an enjoyable night.

It stinks when friends leave for the summer. But that is what summer brings about. People come and go!

I love ice cream. I can survive on ice cream and water melon during the summer!

Angie said...

Yes, it does stink when friends leave for the summer, but I was in college once and did just that. Some of my friends from back home seem to think that I ought to be doing that even now, but I have chosen to live here and this is where I will live until God makes it clear that it is time to move on.

I think the young lady I take to church is possibly leaving for good since she is graduating this weekend. That's even more stinky for me, but good for her.