Q. How much experience do you have working with children?
A. Nine years.
Q. Why do you want to work with children?
A. I like kids and think that they need positive influences in their lives.
Q. How do you handle stress from your job?
A. I blog!
There were about 15 questions in all that they asked. I really felt like I was fumbling for answers on a couple of them, just because they were things that I had to answer completely theoretically since I haven't had experience planning activities for kids before. I made a fantastic move by showing up ten minutes late for the interview. That was not a good idea. The interview was kind of interesting, though, and I don't know how much of that was because I knew the people interviewing me. There was a question about how I have papers to write, whether one interviewer was coming as my "date" to the other interviewer's wedding, one interviewer commenting on the other's nail-biting habits and other joking comments that I just don't know that they would have made around interviewees that they did not know. My friend implied that she would like to hire me (to work with a certain age group with a certain counselor) but couldn't guarantee anything. They will let everyone know by the end of the month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I shall pray that the Lord grants you the right job.
I will pray for you also, Angie.
I find it much too long to get the answer by the end of the month!
Thank you for your prayers. I do appreciate it!
Waiting until the end of the month, if that is how long I need to wait, will be an exercise in patience and trust.
I have enough to keep me busy, so I am sure the time will pass quite quickly!
And there's nothing wrong in taking a break, especially if you are a full-time student. You need a break!!!
I take breaks far too often and am quite frankly not getting my work done, so I've dug myself a nasty hole. I need to stop taking breaks and get to work!
Will be praying for you, Angie. You told me about this job on the phone, didn't you? (Or was that my imagination?)
Anything is possible, Carey. I don't remember what I told you!
Post a Comment