Saturday, May 6, 2006

Wedding prep day

Today was devoted to tomorrow's wedding. We started with a bridesmaids' brunch with the bride at IHOP. Then we went to the bride's apartment to work on stuff for the wedding. I made a few boutonnieres and corsages and then helped to roll and tie ribbons on the programs. After that we went to the rehearsal and walked through the program twice. My job is hard. I walk down the aisle with the appropriate groomsman, stand in the front and watch, then walk back up the aisle with the appropriate groomsman. I think I can handle it, especially since this is the fourth time I've been a bridesmaid. The most interesting part of the rehearsal was when we first showed up. The wedding is at a park and will take place on a grassy knoll overlooking a pond. The pond is home to ducks and geese. We parked the car and began to walk toward the chosen wedding location, but we didn't get very far before three geese started to chase us. That was rather amusing. Hopefully they behave themselves tomorrow and do not chase the wedding guests. After the rehearsal we went to Buca di Beppo for the rehearsal dinner. The food was fantastic and abundant. They serve the food family-style, so we had to decide on something to get that we would all agree upon. We ended up with three appetizers at our table: bruschetta, fried calamari (yum!) and garlic bread. We also ordered fettuccini alfredo, spaghetti with the largest meatballs I have ever seen, veal parmigiana and chicken with lemon. We topped it off with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a wonderful chocolate brownie dessert. At the end of the day I am exhausted! I have to leave for the wedding at 7:00 tomorrow morning. Sleep eludes me yet again! Now to decide which pair of shoes to wear...

5 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Planning weddings is such a complicated business. I know this from experience.

God Bless

Matthew

Sarah said...

I must have missed it before, but whose wedding are you in? Is it someone I would know, or friends from your home church?

Angie said...

Matthew, I have observed enough to know that! I think my limited involvement has been enough to teach me that sometimes simple is best. "Let them eat cake."

Sarah, it was a friend from Whittier (Shieryl). I find out from you which of our old acquaintances get married!

Redeemed said...

Sounds like a long day!

I attended a wedding shower this evening. It turned out a lot more fun that I expected, especially when it yeilded a fruitful conversation near the end.

One of the young girls recently got saved and is facing a lot of oppresion from her catholic family. The Lord used this evening to encourage her heart.

Angie said...

God is good! That is excellent news, Sarah.