Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Time to pull out the passport?

I was chatting with my sister online this evening when she told me that she and her husband are probably going to go to London, Birmingham, Paris and Brussels in November. My brother-in-law's brother lives near Birmingham, so they would spend several days there with the family and then travel to Paris and Brussels and then stay in London for a few days at the end of the trip. My sister thinks I should meet them over there. If I can find a decent airfare I might just do it (I certainly cannot take as much time off of school for the trip that they would be traveling, but I could swing a week, I am sure). One of my good friends from childhood will most likely be living in London again by then, so I would be able to see her, probably going to London while they visit the continent and then back to New York. I would also like to meet the relatives, which is the part my sister really wants me to come for anyway. November is a ways off yet, but perhaps it will work out.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, fun! What an opportunity! Which sister? I have always wanted to go to Europe - or anywhere outside the US for that matter. You're a regular globe-trotter!

Angie said...

Nikki is the one planning on going. (Jon's family is all on the West Coast still, so if Erin went visiting the relatives she wouldn't make it farther from CA than Sisters, OR.) I have been a few places, it is true, but almost none of my travel has been for "pleasure", so this would definitely be a change of pace.

Matthew Celestine said...

I live less than an hour from Birmingham.

Angie said...

Well, if I end up going I suppose I'll just have to stop by. :)

Carey said...

Oh how fun! London is a blast.