Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ooops! Forgot something!

I meant to say something about a phone call I received last night from my friend (the one engaged to one of the interviewers). She called and told me congratulations. She thought I got the job. If she thinks that, it might just be true, considering that she lives with one of the people making the decision!

6 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

You would really like this job?

Angie said...

I would really like a job, and since the job market here is not particularly wonderful, having something that will employ me for 40 hours per week for 9 weeks is a nice thought. Because I am planning on teaching it might be good for me to get an idea of what it is like to be around kids all week.

Redeemed said...

I knew you would! Congrats!!

Oh yes, that will be good practice for when you wll be a full-time teacher. Sounds like you are about to enroll into boot camp...

Angie said...

Boot camp - oh goody!

You guys ought to appreciate this. I called my friend who was interviewing me to ask what to wear to the interview. She said jeans would be appropriate, considering that I would be wearing shorts and t-shirts and tank tops at work. I didn't say anything to her at the time, but I will most likely not be wearing shorts or tank tops. Capris and t-shirts, more likely. You see, I do draw the line somewhere ;).

Here's a question for you. Is there a difference between what is appropriate to wear at home and what is appropriate to wear in public? (I have to say yes, particularly for someone like me who lives alone or with another young lady.)

Matthew Celestine said...

One of my colleagues asked the Exclusive Brethren girls at work whether they are allowed to wear shorts. They gave rather confusing and vague answers, but I think what they were trying to say was that they wear shorts at home.

Yes, I think there is a difference between private and public.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

Anonymous said...

my answer is also yes, most definitely.