Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Boy, have I been missing out!
Today I wandered to a blog that I knew existed - I had seen it linked on a number of other blogs - but had never visited. I have been missing out on some great stuff! What's the blog? Purgatorio. Some of the posts had me in stitches! I was really laughing at some of them (like the "essential" post entitled "Help! I'm Going Hyper!" which struck a chord with me, especially given my heavily Calvinist academic background, and the essential post on worship leaders, which years in worship ministry makes me appreciate). If you have never been there you really ought to go. It's good stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
You had never visited Purgartorio?
It is very funny.
God Bless
Matthew
I don't usually visit linked blogs unless I've seen the blogger visiting the same sites I do. Yesterday I was somewhat randomly looking at stuff linked from Rose's blog.
I did follow a few links from one site and after a little bit of playing I found a site that my brother-in-law maintains. It has a bunch of Byzantine chants that he is putting into modern musical notation, complete with recordings of him singing the chants. I didn't know that he had such a thing online.
*laughs* What do you think of the "Baby Jesus Doll" post? Oi.
Byzantine chants? Cool!
I'm chocking over here - I will just come right out and say it.
What???? I visited and that blob/site is garbage. My soul within me is burning. baby jesus doll??? why can't we all just get along???? reinventing jesus???????
Are you guys serious?????? Ok I know Angie took a vow of silence for a few, but Matthew, c'mon, what is this blog. I'm disgusted.
I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you see or like about it.
Angie,
Thanks for the link! I studied at the Institute for Holy Land Studies in Israel myself in 1989 and 1992. I was in the same class as Todd Bolen.
Matthew,
Hey buddy!
Redeemed,
Thanks for the endorsement. I hope you won't lose any sleep.
Hi marc,
Angie sent me an e-mail explanating the purpose of your blog. I'm hyper-sensitive when I see things mocking Christ.
I now understand. Thanks!
Sarah, I am glad I was able to clear things up for you.
Carey, I posted a comment on the baby Jesus doll. I was the one making the snide remark about the halo glowing in the dark so I knew Jesus still loved me. I thought I'd confuse people and actually use my name on that site. ;)
Marc, it is my pleasure to link to your site!
Post a Comment