Thursday, May 4, 2006
Today's mission
I get the sense that today my mission will be to eat my parents out of house and home. It's not even 10:00 am and I've already had breakfast, second breakfast and another snack. (What was I supposed to do when my dad told me that there were authentic beef tamales in the refrigerator?) I have to write a paper today, too, and I eat constantly when I write (I can't do any project that take significant work without some food or drink with me at all times - I think it may be related to my attention span and the fact that I am extremely fidgety - it's horrible and yet another reason to not get a PhD in history, since I can just see myself packing on the pounds trying to write a dissertation), so I imagine that my hobbit-like eating pattern will continue throughout the day. My dad bought me a couple of bags of California dried apricots since he knows I love them and can't get them where I live. They sell dried apricots in New York, but only the Mediterranean variety. There really is a difference in their texture and taste, and I prefer the ones from California since they have more flavor. I will have to pace myself on those and will probably take the second bag back to New York with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Go hobbits! I've had so many people compare me to a hobbit because of my small stature (but I have the disposition of an elf).
What is a Beef Tamale?
Oh, it is absolutely yummy Mexican food. The beef simmered, shredded and seasoned and then covered in a masa harina (corn flour) mixture and wrapped in corn husks and steamed. They are often served in the corn husk. It takes about a day to make them from scratch, so they are sometimes made by a whole family (extended relatives and all) for holidays. Tamales can also be made with other meats. They are really good!
Yes, they are quite good, and since they are Mexican food with no cheese I think you would like them.
I dare say I would. I do like Mexican food.
Post a Comment