Tuesday, May 9, 2006
A few hurdles to clear
A centipede just took a tour of the room. I really do not like seeing those things in my living space. It's not as bad as seeing a mouse in my kitchen, but I still don't like it. I should be able to move in about four weeks, and hopefully there will be no mice and no centipedes in the new apartment. Moving is going to be an interesting experience. Yesterday my landlord told me that he's rented out my apartment and the people moving in want to be in on June 1. I told him a few weeks ago that I couldn't move out until after the 1st. Now he gets to decide whether to relocate me temporarily to another apartment or to have the new tenants in another apartment temporarily. Drama. Nicole told me last night that she can't stay with her current roommate until we move, so she'll be staying with me wherever I end up for a few days. Her boyfriend is going to store her furniture at his house temporarily since she has to be out of her apartment on the 31st. He happens to be in the National Guard and has duty for the first two weeks of June, so she can't get her stuff from him until he gets back. We may be in the new apartment for a few days with no furniture, since she won't have hers yet and I am moving from a furnished apartment to an unfurnished apartment and need to buy furniture. I have a nice air mattress, but it won't fit the two of us. I might go buy another one or give it to her and sleep on the floor myself. She's really stressing out about it. I spent part of my evening trying to get her to calm down. I know that it will all work out. We have to take this one step at a time. The first step is to pack. We'll worry about moving when it comes time to move.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Sounds very stressful.
I shall pray about it.
God Bless
Matthew
I do appreciate your prayers, Matthew, thank you. I think Nicole is far more stressed about it than I am, but I just realized today that I might be a week or even longer without the internet. GAH! NOOOOOOOOO!!!
no internet? that would drive me batty as well. :) but don't worry, things will work out in the end. do you ever watch that american inventor show? "everything IS going to be alllllright . . ." lol. and what is with this blogger site that it uncapitalizes any name i put. does that mean capitalization is not allowed? if so, you should all cease and desist!!! hehe ;)
Shieryl, my dear, did you by any chance have another glass of wine? You're acting rather SILLY! I don't have TV...don't you read my blog? ;)
oh yes, i keep forgetting you don't have a tv. sorry! no wine - just now that i am free of the oppressiveness of wedding planning my brain is going bonkers with all the happy chemicals that have been freed. lol ;)
Well, to quote Archibald, "Stop being so silly! I'm going to have to speak to Bob about this."
I have a TV (how do you think I watch Veggies, hmmm?), I don't have TV. ;)
Now I am stressed, Angie!!!!! You without internet for a week? But I like to visit you, oh dear. That worries and saddens me...:(
You can always go to starbucks (though rather expensive it is), get a coffee and use their internet services.
I can always go to the University and use it for free, but that's a pain (okay, so it takes 10 minutes to get there). :( This is going to put a serious damper on my social life!
LOL
You will miss us too much to stay away from us for an entire week!
I know, it is true! Sarah, what is your summer schedule like? School is out for me next Friday. It is really tempting to ask what you are doing for Victoria Day!
Hey, wouldn't it be fun if she could meet us at Niagra falls, Sarah?
Angie, though we will miss you, life without the internet is not all that bad. I shall be without it for at least two weeks this summer... maybe more. Of course, Sarah will probably let me post occasionally from her computer.
I didn't think about Victoria Day! I already made a few plans, but we can work something out for a weekend. This summer may a bit busier for me than the usual since I am going to Lebanon the last two weeks of June, afterwhich my brother will be here. Also my mom is planning on selling her little condo and moving into a bigger house.
We will, however, certainly do something! Me needs to scratch me head!!
Carey, you are welcome to use the computer any time. My house is your house! Same goes for Angie when she visits.
I will probably be working full time for the summer, so it would have to be a weekend for me anyway! I would hope that a fellow blogger would understand the necessity of at least a brief internet connection from time to time. It is miserable to do without!
Oh bother!
Hang in there lil sis. We may have a houseguest in our home for a week at the end of this month for precisely the same sort of moving drama reasons! I hope and pray it will all work itself out beautifully somehow.
-N
Ok, we'll work on a weekend then, Angie! It'll be fun. :)
Post a Comment