Sunday, May 7, 2006

Wedding pictures are here!

A link to the pictures from Shieryl & Vince's wedding is now in the sidebar. This is my favorite picture! :)

I arrived home this evening. There was a medical emergency on the flight from LA to Chicago. A passenger collapsed in the aisle not long after the flight took off. I was asleep and missed it even though it happened just a few rows up from where I was sitting. I awoke to the flight attendant asking for doctors aboard to identify themselves. I went back to sleep. I met some very nice people in Chicago waiting for the flight to Syracuse. They had just been to a wedding there yesterday. The groom was one couple's son. There were also two people waiting for the flight speaking with very British accents. One has to wonder what on earth they were doing flying to Syracuse of all places. I fell asleep immediately on that flight, too. I was able to get much more comfortable since I had an empty seat next to me. Nothing particularly interesting happened on that flight. I prefer it that way. The drive home was terrible. It should only take about 75-90 minutes (it's 80 miles) to get from the airport to my apartment. It took me three and a half hours. The interstate was closed for a few miles for road construction and the merging and the detour took two hours. In that time I covered about 14 miles. It was not fun. But I am home. I am absolutely exhausted. Homework is just going to have to wait because I am going to sleep and I am not setting an alarm.

11 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Why would should they not want to visit Syracuse? Is it not a very interesting place?

Travelling is not much fun.

God Bless

Matthew

Angie said...

Syracuse is fine. I personally like upstate New York, and Syracuse is one of the bigger cities up here. Like all of the other cities up here it is surrounded by a lot of really small towns accessible by "back roads" only. I tend to assume that people who travel will go to the major cities, not the more relaxed and "pretty" destinations like this part of the state. You really have to either know someone or go on business or just like to drive around to make this area a destination. There just isn't much to do otherwise. I am sure that Syracuse has more to offer a visitor than Binghamton does. If nothing else it has a big shopping mall! This area is a nice place to live, however difficult it might be to come up with ideas for a visitor, since there isn't much to do here that you can't do elsewhere.

Redeemed said...

Woah, Angie, if you weren't exhausted before, I bet you were by the time you finally arrived home!

Gad you are back home safe and sound.

Carey said...

Wow, I envy your ability to sleep on airplanes. When I flew to South Africa, I didn't sleep for 48 hours.

Angie said...

Sarah, the trick on the first flight was to be A) extremely tired and B) under the influence of Dramamine. I have always had trouble sleeping on airplanes in the past. I've been on 12 hour flights without a wink! The ability to sleep is something I am just developing, I suppose!

Angie said...

Ooops, I called Carey "Sarah." Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

Redeemed said...

Haha, I did kinda the same on your shoes-off blog, remember!!!

Angie said...

Right, and Carey mixed up you and your mom the other day, so I guess it's only fitting that I should follow the example you two are trying to set. ;)

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great, I especially love the squirrell shot. I thought it quite fitting, as the squirrell is the new M family mascot. Every outing Vince and I have been on, we always find a squirrell or two and always have a pic of a squirrell by the end of the day. Even during our engagement photos, out of the blue our photographer was like "Whoa, check out that squirrell!" and totally took this great pic of it. LOL! We don't know what the rules are about creating a family crest but we were joking about how we should put a squirrell on there (forget those silly eagles and lions and such!). Thanks again for coming and for helping out. You made the day sooo fun and beautiful. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

P.S. That pic of Andrew is funny and it's cute that he took lots of pics of V. Cute! And that pic of Jene with the flowers in his hair is priceless! Classic! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. part 2

You didn't know this, but while we were waiting to be seated at the rehearsal dinner, Veronica and Candice and I were waiting in the bar and I was getting silly after just half a glass of wine. LOL. And yesterday, they told me about "Let's Get Retarded" and about the karaoke lady. ROTFL!!

Angie said...

Too funny - you just can't hold your liquor! Oh, that lady just kept going and going and going... She was still singing when we all left.